Do you want to work in the versatile country of Kazakhstan and be responsible for the financial controlling of our subsidiary in this country?
As the financial controller of our subsidiary in Kazakhstan you will be responsible for the controlling of the financial figures in this country. Besides that you are primarily responsible for the organisation of the day-to-day financial and organizational business, including local taxes. You will frequently have contact with the local financial director in Kazakhstan, as well as the controllers and head of the Finance and accounting department in the Netherlands. In this position you will contribute to the fast expansion of our activities in Kazakhstan.
In more detail, together with the local staff you will be responsible for the financial accounting such as preparing annual forecasts and budgets, managing timely registration of documentation, managing the accounting process, including tax accounting and reporting and preparing the payments and the monthly reporting to the Netherlands.
You will be part of the finance group of Kazakhstan. You will report directly to the local finance director and the head of the Finance and accounting department in the Netherlands. Your place of work will be Almaty.
What we ask
- higher education degree in finance and economics;
- minimal five years of relevant working experience;
- management experience of group of 3-5 people;
- knowledge of IFRS reporting standards, conceptual knowledge of tax principles (KZ and international);
- system usage - ERP, 1c, advanced user of Excel;
- ability to work independent and proactive;
- strong personality and sparring partner of the local managing director, our corporate directors as well as the heads of the internal departments;
- analytical, critical and inquisitive attitude;
- perfect communication skills, in Russian and Kazakh as well as in English.
What we offer
- challenging and attractive position in a dynamic organisation;
- plenty of possibilities for showing initiative and taking responsibility;
- salary in conformity with the market and good terms of remuneration;
- possibility to participate in our unique shareholder participation system.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is a consultancy and engineering firm offering global solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. From an inspirational workplace environment, our staff of more than 1000 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects in the Netherlands and other countries. Our work requires new know-how and responsibilities all the time, so we consider personal and professional development essential and we facilitate it. Our employees aim to maximise their potential and deliver top-quality results. We offer scope for personal initiative and entrepreneurship. The shares in our company are held by our own employees.
Apply for this position?
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Information on this vacancy can be obtained from J. (Jeffrey) Hinnen MBA, head of our Finance and accounting department, telephone (+31) (0)570 69 79 02. Vacancy number 526-106.